Laptop vs PC thread...pertaining to University Program

trapstar

Beta member
Hey everyone, I am new to the forums!

I am currently going into grade 12. I have plans to go into Biomedical Engineering, hopefully at an American school (I live in canada). Recently I have had ambitions to build my own PC, but on the other hand, I also want a laptop. I like the pure computing power, stability, and reliability of a PC; on the other hand, I like the mobility of a Laptop. I go to a private school, so all of the students have Dell D610s - its very handy to be able to work in the library, or do some work while travelling to a football game. Though, we do have alot of problems with them - luckily Dell has placed 5 technicians at our school, and will fix ANY problem we have onsite. My question is, from strictly a Biomedical Engineering program point of view, would I be better served by purchasing a laptop, or building my own computer? Id love to be able to draw diagrams on a tablet, and do work in the library, but I know it wont be very reliable.
Any help would be appreciated!

well, IMO it sounds like a laptop will better suit your needs judging by what you've already said. And besides, you can still get a laptop with considerable power if thats what you really want. The downside to that however is a low battery life. I would only recommend a PC if you are into gaming or computer rendering where the computer becomes very graphics orientated.

I don't know if they still make them but Dell had a portable desktop, i think that was what it was called. It was thicker and heavier but had a normal processor in it and was more like an oversized laptop still portable though.

Back
Top Bottom