Laptop upgrades?

Going back to storage.

You may not get a lot of performance boost with a new hard-drive, you will with a SSD. If you are using up a lot of that 600 odd GB hard drive, then you're probably best seeing if your laptop support mSATA PCIe SSD drives. That way you could keep your hard-drive in your laptop as storage, but have the operating system and applications installed on the SSD for rapid access times and transfer speeds.

This won't in any way improve gaming performance, but it will make it laptop incredibly snappier and far faster at loading applications - especially loading multiple things at once.

Going back to storage.

You may not get a lot of performance boost with a new hard-drive, you will with a SSD. If you are using up a lot of that 600 odd GB hard drive, then you're probably best seeing if your laptop support mSATA PCIe SSD drives. That way you could keep your hard-drive in your laptop as storage, but have the operating system and applications installed on the SSD for rapid access times and transfer speeds.

This won't in any way improve gaming performance, but it will make it laptop incredibly snappier and far faster at loading applications - especially loading multiple things at once.

Thanks mate

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

Yeah that card is in the recommend range for using the dock but don't expect to run games on the highest settings as that is a old and low end card..

Do you know of any other that is compatible with my cpu?

Please note OP, that the Alienware dock will ONLY work with the Alienware 13 laptop.

I wouldn't have thought anything much higher than a GTX650Ti would be beneficial in this scenario, the bandwidth through the adapter interface in my opinion will just cripple the graphics cards...

Please note OP, that the Alienware dock will ONLY work with the Alienware 13 laptop.

I wouldn't have thought anything much higher than a GTX650Ti would be beneficial in this scenario, the bandwidth through the adapter interface in my opinion will just cripple the graphics cards...

Yeah, kinda bummed me when I reached the bottom of the article.

Thanks, will be ordering this dock:
EXP GDC Laptop External PCI-E Graphics Card - US$49.99

and this graphics card:
MSI N650Ti-1GD5/OCV4 GeForce GTX 650 Ti 1GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 Video Card - Newegg.com

Hey, if it doesn't work I guess it's just more money down the drain.

Back
Top Bottom