Laptop turns off when plugged in

Stvnbrgn

Beta member
I have an Asus K55a that switches off completely when it is plugged in. I can charge it when I put it to sleep, but can only use the laptop on battery power. Any thoughts on why this is happening and how costly it might be to fix?

Some of settings are probably incorrect for some reason. Restore the Power Options default settings first, and if that doesn't work, make sure the BIOS settings are correct. Also, try what happens when you remove the battery for about a minute (the computer should be turned off and the charger removed before).
If that also doesn't work, make sure your computer is running without a battery, that is, if you're only using a charger. Maybe there is something happened with charger and it can't give as much power as should. If charger works as should, Your laptop should work also without battery.

Check your charge port and see if it looks ok. While the charger is plugged into the laptop, try to wiggle it - does it move around? Or does it feel solid? Could be a bad / shorted jack.

Some of settings are probably incorrect for some reason. Restore the Power Options default settings first, and if that doesn't work, make sure the BIOS settings are correct. Also, try what happens when you remove the battery for about a minute (the computer should be turned off and the charger removed before).
If that also doesn't work, make sure your computer is running without a battery, that is, if you're only using a charger. Maybe there is something happened with charger and it can't give as much power as should. If charger works as should, Your laptop should work also without battery.
Thank you. You've just saved me a whole lot of time and expense on this problem. I restored the default power settings and that immediately solved the issue.

Sounds like there might be some issues with your battery. If i were you i would try to look at your battery helath report first. Tell me what it's saying then xD

Back
Top Bottom