Laptop Touchpad/Keyboard Acting Funny...

Ratt100

Beta member
Now, I'm having a wierd problem with the touchpad and keyboard on my Acer Aspire 3000. I've had it a year and a half now and its been fine up until this. A while ago I decided it deserved a good format and fresh install of XP, so I did that, and all went well. Then a while later (a few weeks), the keyboard and touchpad started playing up. After turning on and booting up, the touchpad would sort of work, the cursor would stagger about all over the place, and then just stop all together. Same with the keyboard, it did nothing, so I had no control whatsoever, even the power button above the keyboard didn't do anything, even when held down for a few seconds. So the only way I could turn it off was by removing the power cable and the battery, and this led me to realise that I could get it working this way, because when I plugged in the power lead and turned it back on, everything would work perfectly again, until the next proper turn off or restart. Now, has anybody heard of this before? Do you know what causes it? I've just re-installed XP again so it wasn't a dodgy install I don't think, it's starting to look like a hardware issue, but its just wierd how it will work fine again after its been turned off incorrectly. Help me please, it's driving me mad! Cheers

Have you checked in device manager to make sure you have all the drivers installed? Check on acers website aswell for drivers for your particular model.

Might be a loose connection inside the laptop then, or it could be damaged.

Ok, so why would this loose connection fix itself whenever the laptop isn't shut down correctly?

Back
Top Bottom