laptop suggestions

dude_se

Proper Legend
my mate wanted me to ask you all a question:
"Im wanting to get a laptop for my 18th, and i need some advice from people here. I want a laptop that has at least 1gb Ram (ideal2gb )at least 60gb hd (pref more like 100gb+) , and some sort of good processer.
I won't really play games on it, but will use programs such as itunes, IE, Photoshop, Flash, Dreamweaver, etc. My price range anything up to £400 cud go bit more. Anyone advise me on any that you think would be good ?
i've seen a dell laptop that fits spec but its like 500."

personally i think his budget is a little low but please post some ideas. cheers :)

you can check out www.ubid.com - most of their computers are refurbished, but in the end they are all greatly priced for the hardware within the units. Ill look into some other places as well.

hey i got an intel pentinum M 1.7 ghz with 512mb ram and a 60gb hard drive , it also has a dl dvd burner and a widescreen display for £360 only thing is the ram but that could be upgraded to 1GB easily and the pentinum m is a very good processor probably the best mobile solo core processor anyway this thing also has centrino technologyand the battery is pretty good , i ran it off batery for 2 hours and the bar went about 1/3 the way down and it also has wireless built in

>oh yeah and this thing runs flash dreamweaver and fireworks and when i get my 1gb ram it will also run adobe photoshop, (would run now but i have found photoshop runs best on at least 1gb ram)

dunno if you know the bowlers computer fair in manchester well i got it there , the person had loads of ex shop display models for real cheap prices like mine

hmm hes not online atm but i will tell him. as long as its in good working condition and meets his needs im sure he will consider it

dude1234 said:
hmm hes not online atm but i will tell him. as long as its in good working condition and meets his needs im sure he will consider it
hope we havent got our wires crossed here , i am not selling this i am simply telling you what i got ???
if we havent got crossed wires dont worry

yep we got our wires crossed lol. hes not that interested in it anyway as he says he can get a new one with simular spec for that price

dude1234 said:
yep we got our wires crossed lol. hes not that interested in it anyway as he says he can get a new one with simular spec for that price
kk , imao about the new one for same price , after i bought mine i went to woolworths and they was selling a laptop with 1gb ram and a 80gb hdd for £400 but it was a celeron processor which is quite a poor processor in my opinion also it was a brand i had nether heard off so i wasnt too bothered

yea celerons suck. my lappy was £450 with a £80 leather bag from currys. cant complain. the only probs is the 60gb and the batt is only about 3 hours on very low settings and just running the internet and maybe a few other apps.

Back
Top Bottom