laptop screen

do you mean black?.....sounds like your monitor is dead.....cause if there is a back light it is getting power...but im not a laptop guru

i can see an image but no black light comes on
it was completely fine untill i unpluged it brought it down stairs and plugged it back in
the button that tells the laptop to shut the screen off is fine and not stuck
according to google my inverter board
is bad?

hmm could you of had a power surge? could of caused the back lights to burn out. static electricity or power surges can cause many problems. try also going into your power options and see if it is set on a power mode that causes your back light to turn off when you are not plugged into a power supply. i know when i first reformatted my laptop it was set on low power mode and my screen brightness was always dark until i changed it.

if it is that faint it sounds more like your screen went to poop. cause even with the brightness set low it should still be viewable. does your laptop have a vga out? try hooking your laptop up to an external monitor to see if it is not your graphics card

it works to a second monitor
ive been googling apparently the inverter board
broke or somthing?

no but on ebay i can but inverter boards cheep
should i try?

I doubt they are the same kind of inverters. Generally though, when I see an inverter go on a laptop, you cannot switch between the attached, and external monitor. It just sounds like your screen took a dump on you.

Back
Top Bottom