Laptop Screen Completely Blank on Poweron... Please help me!!

karling07

Daemon Poster
Hi everyone!

My IBM Thinkpad R31 has stopped working... It is fully charged, and when I turn it on, it is clearly on and running.

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-39718.html

The status indicator shows battery lit up and power lit up, and when I first turn it on, all the other lights quickly flip on and then shut off.

The hard drive light stays off and nothing shows on the laptop screen, though you can hear its still running (the fan/everything is still on). But still nothing comes up...

I've tried also plugging a monitor into the VGA port to see if the laptop screen was broken, and still nothing came up on either screen...

Any help would be appreciated

Thank you!

Have you tryed with the battery pluged in? Anything could of over heated on the laptop has it got warrenty?

Could be CPU - motherboard - on board graphics card - RAM, could be all of those!

Well does this help at all:

When I plugged the monitor of my desktop comp into the VGA port of the laptop, nothing showed on either. The laptop is clearly running, but the hard drive light turns off almost immediately after poweron.

Do you think a place like best buy would have a chance of fixing it? If so, how much might it cost if no parts are needed to be replaced?

i dont live in the states and have never been to best buy buy from what ive heard they will not fix it. no chance. they seem pretty stupid so would probs give you a new exchange model with no hassle. thats if you got it from there

ooh... :( i was hoping their geek squad could help out -- i was thinking of taking it to my local computer store but i doubt theyd be any more helpful than me...

Being laptops they tend to get bashed around a bit, a mate of mine had a similar problem , turned out his HDD had come loose. If u can take off the back and access the memory/HDD etc try and see if these r properly connected and havent come out of their sockets.

dude. DO NOT TAKE IT TO BEST BUY

they will charge you like 300 dollars and they might not even find anything.

go take it to a local computer store.

Back
Top Bottom