Laptop replacement screen

TurbyDerv

Solid State Member
Hi all,

Laptop in question is a Compaq Presario CQ60-114EM.

I received with following problem - Broken screen.

So i bought a replacement screen, only to find out off supplier that they have 'discontinued the LCD displays for this model' :pcmad: ....

They sent me an LED display with a LED-to-CCFL converter.. So i went about fitting the screen and made sure all connections were properly seated. Pressed the power button..

Nothing on screen, Blank, Black, No light!

I turned the light out as a test, and very faintly received a picture displaying 'Compaq' logo but it is very dim, kinda like if the screen was on it's way out, but it's brand new!

Can one of you techies please give me advice/solution??

Hi all,

Laptop in question is a Compaq Presario CQ60-114EM.

I received with following problem - Broken screen.

So i bought a replacement screen, only to find out off supplier that they have 'discontinued the LCD displays for this model' :pcmad: ....

They sent me an LED display with a LED-to-CCFL converter.. So i went about fitting the screen and made sure all connections were properly seated. Pressed the power button..

Nothing on screen, Blank, Black, No light!

I turned the light out as a test, and very faintly received a picture displaying 'Compaq' logo but it is very dim, kinda like if the screen was on it's way out, but it's brand new!

Can one of you techies please give me advice/solution??

I think you should ask the supplier the question since they provided the parts, I'm sure they will help you regarding this matter.
May be the LED-to-CCFL converter is not operating correctly.

Thanks for the reply MMM, i have contacted the supplier through eBay and he doesn't seem to know a solution or anything :blink:

It is as though the screen isn't getting enough power supply?

i will wait for a reply back off him.

Thanks
TD

I think you need to have him send you another one and see if you have the same results.

I think you need to have him send you another one and see if you have the same results.

He has told me that sending another screen out will not cure the problem, so i have to send mine back and he will give me a full refund.

When everything is connected, and i power the laptop on, it looks like the brightness has been turned fully down? to give you an idea. (Yes i have tried adjusting brightness up to full, with no luck)

Thanks
TD

Back
Top Bottom