Laptop Recommendations: Dell XPS

MooseMan1

Fully Optimized
I am looking to buy a gaming laptop so that i don't have 2 haul my computer 2 LAN parties every weekend, and plus i just wanna have mobile internet. I was looking at getting a Dell XPS M1710. what do u guys think of the specs to price ratio?

Processor: Intel Core Duo (2MB cache/ 2GHz/ 667 FSB)

Operating system: Windows XP Media center edition(free)

Screen: 17inch ultrasharp wide screen UXGA with true life

RAM: 2GB DDR2 SD RAM at 667MHz

Hardrive: 80GB 7200 SATA

CD Drive: 8X CD/DVD Burner (DVD+/-RW) with double layer DVD+R

Wireless: Intel PRO/Wireless 802.11A/G mini card (54Mbps)

Video Card: 512MB NVIDIA GeForceâ„¢ Go 7900 GTX

Sound: Intergrated Sound Blaster Audigy HD Software edition

(no office software)

LAN: intergrated 10/100/1000

Warranty: 2Yr Ltd Warranty, 2Yr At-Home Service, and 2Yr HW Warranty Support

PRICE: $3,463 (as low as $104/month)

+tax= $173.15

total: $3,636.00(as low as $110/month)

Another thing that came 2 mind is should i be saving my money and wait and see if they put windows vista on it once that comes out? any other brands for cheaper with similar specs let me know! comments and recommendations needed/welcome!

I'd wait. When dx10 comes out u basicly have a $3.5k computer that can't max out the settings, and it wouldn't be nice now would it? Unless u could get the vid card replaced when the dx10 cards come out.

is DX10 comming out the same time as vista? shortly after? or wat? i kno it's been asked but hell i'm asking anyway :p hopefully they will update their cards as soon as DX10 comes out

MooseMan said:
is DX10 comming out the same time as vista? shortly after? or wat? i kno it's been asked but hell i'm asking anyway :p hopefully they will update their cards as soon as DX10 comes out
Don't know exactly, but I gues it will either come at the same time as vista or just like a week or two later.

mammikoura said:
Don't know exactly, but I gues it will either come at the same time as vista or just like a week or two later.
any idea of when ATI and NVIDIA will have chips DX10 capable? same time? sry 2 ? so much

DX10 will be released along with Vista, and will form a part of Vista.

nVidia and ATi will probably wait a month or so before releasing their DX10 cards, or it might be sooner.

However, DX10 games will take around 1 to 1 and a half years to come out, and even when they do they will be backwards compatable with DX9 so you will still get the good graphics.

It's planned for September or so, but it's already been delaying and could be delayed further.

It's a nice laptop and I checked it out, but it's too expensive. I've seen laptops at IBuyPower.com for so much cheaper. You should check it out.

Back
Top Bottom