laptop randomly restarts

My biggest partition is vista which has all my important files on it so they won't be touched if I format the 30gb 7 partition. Dang I wish I had my cds with me right now:( I'll have to reformat when I get home and have my 7 dvd.

Did you see my post about virtualization? I would just do that if your going to do a reinstall d/l sun virtual box and install it on there. You will have the full function of the OS. Very nice tool. I have 3 virtual machines that i run for work to do testing things. The best part is you can backup the vdi just incase something goes wrong and you can import it back into the console and you are up and running. You can also take a snapshot of the current state that way if you d/l something and it messes up your machine you can just roll it back. If you would like to do this and have any questions just ask i can help you out

You can also do this for you unbuntu machine as well you can make a ghost copy of the machine using ghost 11 or hawkpe do a disk to image and once you got the image got to vbox and boot from either ghost or hawkpe and push the image very fast and very clean install

I have virtualbox on my rig at home but it does not give good performance with most things I do such as watch youtube etc. I do have a work vm and a testing random crap vm aswell. Since most of the components of the vm are virtualized performance takes a serious hit in vista and 7 however xp runs fine.
My pc does not support virtualization technology where the components of the computer are directly and individually virualized so you use your exact hardware in the vm instead of the virtual components.

try sunbox virtualbox is not very good. I have win7 running on my sunbox and it runs just as good as my machine which has win7 installed on it

ok just an update, I reformatted my windows 7 partiton which by default killed ubuntu as well but no big deal also I think the problem of the mystery reset or freeze up is fixed.

Back
Top Bottom