Laptop lcd proplems - With pics - Help

Eighty8lx501

Baseband Member
My Toshiba A215-S4747 Satelite has a problem with the lcd, if I press or bend the top left hand area, It displays vertical lines & sometimes the picture gets through but stays vertical if I leave it alone. The Vga out displays perfect. Do I need a new Lcd? Or an inverter? What could be going wrong?

DSCN3296.jpg

DSCN3297.jpg

DSCN3298.jpg

The only thing I can think of is possibly a loose connector or the like. Have you taken it apart and checked for a loose ribbon cable going from the motherboard to the screen?

Looks like the screen is going out personally. Many a years ago when I worked at Best Buy we would see this all the time unfortunately. However as one member said above, It could be a very loose connection, So when you open it or adjust it you also move that loose connection. On the same token I don't see how that would only affect partial screen, So that just gives me a feeling something is not loose, But rather broke or on it's way to being broke full time.. If your inclined at all with laptops I would very carefully open it up and inspect the connections for the LCD screen itself.

By the way, How old is it?

Seems like a lose connector. I've actually repaired a Toshiba laptop with the same exact problem. All it required was removing the LCD panel and disassembling the bezel and disconnecting the wire and reconnecting it and putting a piece of tap on it to hold it in place.

Back
Top Bottom