Laptop keyboard/mouse pad problem

BondJamesBond

Solid State Member
Ok so on my laptop the keyboard and mouse pad decided to stop working, I have no idea why It doesn't works in safe mode but it does in BIOS so that is a good sign. One time I left it for a while then the keyboard started working again but not the mouse, but I went to restart to see if I stayed like that but It didn't. The external mouse however works fine.

I tried uninstalling the keyboard using device manager, then it tells me to restart to finish un-installation, I restart and when windows boots back up it auto installs the keyboard drivers, asks me to restart again to finish the installation. Then when it finishes restarting I log on and it doesn't work still, I'm stumped.

I'm running on vista if it matters.

Have you tried "update driver" from device manager? Check and see if you can download a newer driver for the touchpad, if there is one, and have it ready on the hard disk so you can direct the system to update with it.

Have you tried "update driver" from device manager? Check and see if you can download a newer driver for the touchpad, if there is one, and have it ready on the hard disk so you can direct the system to update with it.

Ok the keyboard started working again will system restore point keep it working? Is there something else I can do for it to keep like this

Creating a restore point with it working may not be a bad idea, but without knowing why it acts up, can't really say that is a solution.

Did it start working again on it's own, or did you update the drivers?

Well I left it running but in the closed position so it was in standby the whole time. Its been like that for like 4 days I went on it here and there to try and fix it, is has done this before after leaving it like that for several days.

Ok well what the **** is going on seriously, I reinstalled windows (Wiped the drive) and neither work still, but it works in BIOS wtf is wrong?

Back
Top Bottom