Laptop I'm looking to purchase - Can someone help me with Specs?

Joshua.Croft

Beta member
I saw a laptop at Future Shop today that seemed pretty cheap for what it was, and at only $500 I was impressed. It is an HP Probook 4520s, but it had different Specs in teh Ram And HDD department than the ones I see on the web (i.e. 6GB ram instead of 4 and a 640GB HDD, and the floor manager told me it was quad-core instead of dual-core)
Now, I get the jist of what a good computer needs, but a lot of things I'm fuzzy about.
I want a computer that is fast and can run games (maybe even STEAM games like Killing Floor) on AT LEAST Medium Graphics settings. And it NEEDS to be a laptop.
So I figured one of you guys could help me out. Here are the specs on it:

http://www.buy.com/prod/hp-probook-...-i3-380m-2-53ghz-2gb/q/loc/101/219371346.html

Keep in mind that it's got 6GB DDR3 RAM instead of 2, and that the guy told me it's QUAD CORE, which I'm starting to doubt. Also, the operating system is 64 bit

Anyways, I was just wondering if the computer would be fast enough to do a fair bit of multitasking and if, even though the graphics card wasn't great, it would be able to run games at decent settings.
Peace, Josh.

Back
Top Bottom