Laptop hard drive

compguy91

Fully Optimized
Ok so I was troubleshooting a friend's laptop. They accidentally dropped their laptop from the couch and now it comes up with an error saying it can't boot from the hard drive. I troubleshooted the laptop and it seems that the hard drive is dead since it doesn't appear that there's any power going to the hard drive, or it just doesn't want to come on. My question is, is the hard drive dead? or could it be something else?

Ok so I was troubleshooting a friend's laptop. They accidentally dropped their laptop from the couch and now it comes up with an error saying it can't boot from the hard drive. I troubleshooted the laptop and it seems that the hard drive is dead since it doesn't appear that there's any power going to the hard drive, or it just doesn't want to come on. My question is, is the hard drive dead? or could it be something else?

Did you unscrew the laptop's HDD bay and check if it's even plugged in? That could be the source of your problem right there. Laptop hard drives are pretty rugged and if the laptop was assembled correctly, one drop of a laptop should not shatter the hard drive as the plastic would absorb the shock.
But if in fact it is broken, THIS should do you well. It's in my laptop I have right now (broken). Speaking of which, PM me since I'm selling the hard Drive.

Yep, checked the HDD bay and the hard drive was plugged in and everything. Took it out and put it back in to make sure again, still throwing up an error message at boot saying the hard drive can't be found. This friend doesn't exactly own the laptop, the place where they work does so they might just have the IT person put in a new HDD.

Yep, checked the HDD bay and the hard drive was plugged in and everything. Took it out and put it back in to make sure again, still throwing up an error message at boot saying the hard drive can't be found. This friend doesn't exactly own the laptop, the place where they work does so they might just have the IT person put in a new HDD.

Well to me, it does sound like the hard drive broken. I guess it's time for a new. :( But like I said, I'm selling my laptop hard drive if you're interested in buying for them.

Back
Top Bottom