Laptop Graphcs Advice

s*** if you have 20k debt why you buying a laptop man but none of my business. why not check laptop building sites dell is usually overpriced

That laptop looks great. Some of the Nvidia 6 series actually outperform some of 7 series cards. The 6800 is a great card, and should not disappoint.

mudda_fudda said:
s*** if you have 20k debt why you buying a laptop man but none of my business. why not check laptop building sites dell is usually overpriced

Well I honestly don't fancy carting my desktop and 19" CRT to & fro when I come home from uni. A laptop seems like the logical option and, since it will have to last me 3 years, I figured it's worth getting a half-decent one. I actually thought Dell seemed like good value and their systems are priced significantly lower than others I've seen.

The annoying thing is, a system no sooner appears on the Dell Outlet store before it is sold and consequently disappears, which means I need to make a quick decision when push comes to shove, and I want to make sure I'm getting the best I can for the money.

There are 3 possiblities in terms of graphics options,

nVidia GeForce 6800 ULTRA
nVidia GeForce 7800 GTX
nVidia GeForce 7900 GS (the GTX is rediculously over-priced)

... all of which I have seen in systems listed on the Dell Outlet store.

The difference in price is often neglegable (+/- £100).

What would you go for, bearing in mind the rest of the system is as my original post describes?

Anyone?

Could do with some info on the 7800GTX & 7900 GS cards - i.e which would be better.

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom