Laptop freezes, than won't reboot.

nilzlofgren

Beta member
Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron 8600 laptop that froze up the other day. The mouse cursor started skipping around the screen, than the computer froze. I powered down, than when I tried to reboot, the scroll lock, caps lock, and num lock lights lit up, along with the lights that show hard drive activity ect.. They only stayed lit for about 3 or 4 seconds, than shut down again. If I let it sit for a couple of hours, it will start up again, than freeze again within a few minutes. Than I have to wait an hour or so again. This led me to believe that maybe it was overheating. So I checked the heat sink, and cleaned out a little dust, but not much. Still no luck. I than took the computer completely apart and removed the heat sink, checked for any loose connections, even tried to power up with out the heat sink. No luck. I'm baffled. I know the fans work. I have some info about the computer, but not much since I cant get it started to check specifics. I know this. Processor: 80536,Pentium M Dothan,715,Pin grid Array,B1. 120 GB hard drive. 1GB PC2700 Ram (333 MHz I believe) Any help or thoughts are greatly appreciated. Thanx. John

Back
Top Bottom