Laptop Freeze Problem

FlyingSheep1

Beta member
Good evening,

I recently bought a new laptop (Toshiba Satellite A505) for college needs, and I've had this for about 12 hours. I'm not terrible when it comes to PCs, but I'm not exactly a master over Laptops. Off the bat I noticed the laptop freezing sporadically.

Problem: Laptop freezing at no set interval that last about 1-2 seconds. Sometimes it can happen right after another, other times it can happen after 30 minutes.

Question: How do I stop this freezing bug? Or, is it worth bothering with it, should I just return it and get a different model?

I downloaded Driver Whiz and it said I don't need video driver updates, but I don't exactly trust this program. The only situation I know about with freezing is generally a graphic issue.

Thanks in advance.

If you just bought the laptop it shouldn't need any drivers. I'm assuming it has Windows 7 on it. From the way it sounds, you're probably not doing anything while it's freezing, or at least have tried not doing anything and it still freezes.

Don't bother with it - take it back. It's not going to be a software issue, you haven't had enough time to put anything on it that would make it lag. It's not going to be disk space and it shouldn't be a virus, after all, it's been freezing since you've gotten it right? Or maybe 30minutes to an hour after you've turned it on. If there was a specific problem with drivers or something it would be all over the internet already, and it's not. A factory image is put on there.

Either you have a dud piece of hardware or well... that's pretty much it. Take it back.

As far as a different model goes? Nah, you don't have to. Ask them if they have the same model, whatever you want.

When they say, "We'll repair it, it's still under warranty." Don't. You'll just have to wait for it to be repaired/ they'll have to order parts :p Pretty lame if you ask me ;)

-Q

Take it back, get something else. Just my opinion, but I've had nothing but bad experiences with Toshiba laptops, especially Satellites.

Yeah, my friend has a satalite pro that he bought when he went overseas to Iraq. It has a cool little fingerprint scanner... Well, the whole computer hasn't worked since about a month after he bought it... and he couldn't take it back ;)

Now he's back but wont fix it. I ask him for it but he would rather let it die and get out dated.

I probably should have posted the specs for my laptop. It is a Toshiba Satellite A505 with 4GB of DDR3 ram, 500GB HDD, and a I3 processor. I don't want to give this one up as it looks amazing and the price is really hard to beat. I checked Dells, Compacs (flat out ugly computers), HPs, and the others but none really beat this one. I'm thinking the problem is coming from the new processor, but like I said. It looks great, love the features. Got all that for 680$ I believe. Still have 10 days to decide. Main reason is it looks sharp with all the nice gear... hard to beat that price. Well, from what I've seen =D

Back
Top Bottom