Laptop: Dell vs. Custom

G9

Daemon Poster
Alright, I'm going to upgrade an old Sony VAIO...

Memory for $188.99

hard drivex2 for RAID

OS for $119.95.

I need somewhere that has mobile video cards.

Picture before opening up:

laptop4wg.gif

go custom all the way.............and if u got any questions just ask..........it is really easy if u just are fimiliar and not rush or get nervous.TO get fimiliar just read every thread on here lol..........my computer costed bout $800 with my new Video and sound card and it could own any labtop for $700 no question.

Mikey said:
go custom all the way.............and if u got any questions just ask..........it is really easy if u just are fimiliar and not rush or get nervous.TO get fimiliar just read every thread on here lol..........my computer costed bout $800 with my new Video and sound card and it could own any labtop for $700 no question.

I think he means custom build a laptop, not a desktop.

As far as I know you can't custom build a laptop in the same way as a desktop like buying the empty case and installing all the parts. If anything I think it will end up costing you more (if it were possible). I say go with a manufacturer like Dell as you have been looking at.

Yeah, but before just giving up I want to compile a list of parts and see how much it is.

Ok but the thing is, I don't think anyone sells empty laptop cases for you to build your own so compiling all these parts as you are doing will only be in vain.

Maximum PC made a whole article saying that laptop kits are being more readily available. Of course, this was complete with a guide to make custom laptops.

Ok i guess if that's true, I can still say that i have never come across all the parts to build a custom notebook.

Hmm... actually, scratch that. Remember my budget rig project? In return, the person I'm doing it for will hand over his old Pentium 4 Sony VAIO laptop. It's got two harddrives, so I think I'll swap in some new harddrives, get them to RAID, get a new video card, and get 2x1GB memory.

Memory

I need somewhere that has mobile video cards.

Back
Top Bottom