laptop compare

digs27

Solid State Member
ok which one is a better laptop for the money for games like wow and counterstrike i know desktops are faster but im getting this for college and need the portability. Also my dad wont let me spend much more then 1000
http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/comp...2963&nstr=20012961 20012963 40001085&link=ref

or

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/comp...2963&nstr=20012961 20012963 40001555&link=ref

i think the HP i saw in the store was exactly the same but had DDR2 SDRAM
Also if these two suck can you reccomend something in the $1000 range. This is mainly a college laptop so i cant really spend any more then that.

thanks for the help

I am thinking that the second one is better. The first one has a better graphics card, but the second one has more RAM and a better processor... not to sure if the price difference is worth it though. Hmm... wait to see what other people say. Both look really nice...

the second one, definitely. it has a dual core processor with another gig of ram, thats big on the games. the graphics isn't too bad, what games are you looking to play

one thing that im not sure with the toshiba is that it has shared video memory while the hp has dedicated. Does this make a difference and will i notice it.

my hp that is 3 years old can run todays games at playable fram rates, i originally bought it for $849 (heh heh same price). I've always liked hp laptops as our family has 3 of them with no problems.

I would recommend the second laptop. The only thing that the HP has over the Toshiba is the videocard, but it is the same memory only dedicated. I still think that won't have much of an impact, especially with 2 gigs of system RAM to work with. No worries, go with the Toshiba if you can fork out the extra $200.

Today I went to circuitcity. I saw a Hp pavillion they just put out since an hour before i got there. It has 2 100 GB HDD's (i dont know the rpm's), 1 GB of ram expandable to 4 according to what that guy said, intel core duo (i dont know the clock speed), nvidia 7600 Go 256 MB dedicated, Windows MCE 2005, and a really nice looking 17'' widescreen for 1499. the only thing is i cant find it on their web site.

Back
Top Bottom