laptop, blank dialog and Blue screen

mjwest

Beta member
Hi, I have a problem with my laptop....... I am not very tech savvy which doesnt help my problem. Basically when I turn the laptop on, it takes a while, longer than normal, the password screen loads and I can enter my password no problem, the desktop loads up with all the icons and task bar loads. thats as far as I get, there is no file name or any wording of any sort under the icons, if I right click it comes up with a tiny white box which would normally have open, properties etc in but these are blank, if I left click nothing happens and then after a few seconds I get a blue screen with loads of writing but I can never really read it before it goes off and then the laptop restarts. if I click on the start button i can see a minute rectangle appear, too small for any programs to be listed anyway!!! I can't get in to look at anything, or do a restore nothing!!! I can't get into control panel or anything..... Please help as it is driving me mad. It has windows 7 on it if that means anything to anyone.

Start your computer up, and after the splash screen, start pressing F8 until you get to the advanced boot menu.

Choose "Disable automatic restart on system failure" option and let it load.

Once you get the BSOD, Give us the STOP code at the bottom of the screen, with it's parameters, as well as any driver file mentioned below the STOP code (will be named something.SYS).

Also, what you could try doing is booting into Safe Mode through the same F8 menu as previously mentioned and see if you can boot into your desktop normally that way.

Ok just trying your first piece of advice will post in a min or two with the STOP code etc. I have already tried safe mode but absolutely no difference from when it is running in normal mode.

Hi CarnageX,
The STOP code is :0x00000050 (0xFE153000,0x00000001,0x995D7F27,0x00000000)
Under this is says : win32k.sys - Address 995D7F27 base at 99590000, datestamp 50aee5c0.
Hopefully that all means something to you.

Bug Check 0x50: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (Windows Debuggers)

Could be either an issue with your HDD or RAM, I'd say right away. Try removing all but 1 stick of RAM from your system, and try each slot one at a time (with each stick) to see if you can get it to boot properly.

Do you have your Windows 7 install disc?

If you do, boot off of it and choose the 'Repair my computer' option > then choose Command Prompt > then type in the following:
chkdsk c: /f /r

and press Enter. Let it run and see if it fixes anything.

If neither of those works, I'd say you would need to backup your data and then reinstall Windows.

Hi sorry as I said I am no good with all this tech stuff and probably going to make myself look really stupid now but how do i remove the sticks of Ram??? I can't find the windows 7 disc!!

There should be a panel on the bottom of the laptop that you should be able to unscrew and then access the RAM.

Back
Top Bottom