Laptop battery problems

Chad48

Solid State Member
I have a Toshiba Satellite P35 and I've been having problems with my battery. It seems like whenver I leave the laptop on and idle for a little while, maybe 10-15 minutes, the battery stops charging. So it's plugged in but the battery just won't charge and it slowly dies. Once the battery stops charging I can't get it to work again unless I take the battery out and put it back in, if I try to turn the computer off normally everything turns off except the battery still won't charge and for some reason the light on the power button stays on. This is yet to happen when I'm actually using the laptop, only after it's been left idel for a little while. I have very little idea of what to do here, if the battery just wasn't charging then I'd assume it was just a dead battery, but it seems weird that it only happens when I'm not using the laptop. Thanks in advance.

Sounds like to me a power settings issue, i would go into the control panel / go to power managment..check all tabs for the right settings for your laptop, depending on if your running your laptop from a home power source or the batteries.

one of the tabs will have the power settings

the list will be like:
presentation
home pc
laptop
ect..

Back
Top Bottom