Laptop battery help

geargrinder65

Solid State Member
OK, I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop. I'm running XP Pro on it, and I cant get it to keep charging the battery. I can go into the power settings and it will say that there is no batt. but if I slide the batt. out and then back in it will "see" it and start charging it for 2 or 3 min. then my batt. light goes out and it cant see the batt. any more. I toulk the batt. down to Batterys + and had them check it out for me, and they say it's in great shape. So now I'm lost, how do I get this thing to charge up all the way :confused:

pc trade post

Daemon Poster
it is probably a problem with where you plug the battery into the laptop. does it look like there is any damage to that area?

geargrinder65

Solid State Member
Thats what I thought as well, but I checked it out and I cant find anything wrong there. It all looks good, and the batt. looks good too.

Chainer

In Runtime
It's definitely a hardware issue. Software wouldn't cause something like that. If you have a warranty, you need to get in touch with Tech Support and have them diagnose it. If not, take it to Best Buy or Circuit City.

geargrinder65

Solid State Member
Circuit City, they work on 'em?! :) I never knew that. I got this thing 2nd hand so no warenty, but it's good to have a place to start looking for the problem now. Thanks!

Chainer

In Runtime
Geargrinder65 said:
Circuit City, they work on 'em?! :) I never knew that. I got this thing 2nd hand so no warenty, but it's good to have a place to start looking for the problem now. Thanks!
Yeah, they are called something differently than what Best Buy's Geek Squad is called....something catchy. But yes, they do have a place. ;)