Lan party

we had a lan party too about a week ago. Only 9 people though, since a few guys said no like at the last minute, and we were gonna get a max of 15 since we didn't have a lot of space. And also got a free 24 port hub, I went to borrow a swich from a relative, but he didn't have any so he gave me the hub and said that I can keep it. :)

I can have LAN parties myself. I can hook the switch and router together. If it's not enough, NIC cars and crossover cables and there, a LAN party. I can only host up to 5 in my room though, and I have to remove all furnitures that can't be used.

Nik00117 said:
Erm, crossover is only for switch to switch I believe let me look it up in my CISCO course.

Router to Router
Switch to Switch
Should work on a crossover.

I hate cable making bTW i suck at it.

Crossover is for any two devices that are both going to try to transmit on the same wire pair :) However with modern equipment, it's uncommon to actually still need to use crossover cables.

For simplicity sake, I recommend using a backbone switch with a few smaller 8 port switches.

I'm doing a LAN party with 28+ computers two weeks from now.

DJ-CHRIS said:
Crossover is for any two devices that are both going to try to transmit on the same wire pair :) However with modern equipment, it's uncommon to actually still need to use crossover cables.

For simplicity sake, I recommend using a backbone switch with a few smaller 8 port switches.

I'm doing a LAN party with 28+ computers two weeks from now.
You have place for lots of people do you? :)

I was e-mailed from Nvidia to join a LAN party, with free food and drinks. Well, the cost was in the 3 numbers. I didn't really care and I felt really like to join. But, I'm not 18 and I don't live in CA...the other ond of the North America Continent.Also, the prizes were good. CPUs, lappies, and much more! It could have helped me with my two new systems.

I've never had an actual LAN party, not many people I know are PC gamers, but over the summer we must've had at least six Halo 2 parties with from 8-16 people there. Those were insane, but I lost my Halo skills now that school is started up again and I don't have time to practice.

Back
Top Bottom