Lan party

A friend and I are talking about organising a University of St Andrews LAN night sometime, doubt it'll happen though :(

now that u mentioned it I just fixed one up last weekend. We have this one warehouse which we can use anytime we like. We can fit about 20 ppl in there if we want to, though that would require some cleaning.
There were just like 9 of us this time, mostly due to problems with swiches, we were supposed to get a 16 place one, but we only got one with 8 places, and then I brought mine there so we had 11 places.
We played for like 22h. Mostly CS 1.5 and UT 2k4. Also some other games like flatout, command&conquer: zero hour and stuff like that. It was fun, though some of the guys went to sleep during the night. :eek: God damn those wuzzies. :p Though I must say I'm not going to go to a lan party in the close future, I've had my share of gaming for a day in a row. Maybe next summer again.

:eek: COOOLL..i always have wanted to go and see what its like and all, i bet it would be heaps fun.
Near where i live we have a computer shop, well its more like a internet cafe you could say and they hold LAN partys there im pretty sure.

Old school is always good fun tho :p

How are they anyways? Like i only know a little about what goes on and all..Gaming gaming and more gaming? and what you play is it all fps type games?

well yes mostly gaming. Then depending on how long they last there could be some other stuff too. Like once we had a lan party for like, umm, about 40h. So u need to be just crazy if u can spend all that time playing with computers. So we did other stuff too, like playing pool and table tennis. But ofcourse no sleeping! (well actually there were only 3 of us who didn't sleep at all, and I'm proud to be 1 of them)

And yes mostly FPS. But we also play some strategy games, not too much though. And ofcourse u need different kinds of FPS games, like some which are like few shots = kill and then some stuff like UT. And then lot's of game modes. For example in UT there is a few good game modes, assault being my fav.

As much as I like games, I do think to myself that I've been on too long, it becomes a nagging feeling and I get bored and anxious to get off the PC.

But yes, I like FPS - RTS like C&C is just boring, you always get pwned no matter how good you are. You can literally get destroyed in <5 minutes on C&C Generals by anybody, it's so unbalanced you can't win as anybody.

malbuc87uk said:
As much as I like games, I do think to myself that I've been on too long, it becomes a nagging feeling and I get bored and anxious to get off the PC.

But yes, I like FPS - RTS like C&C is just boring, you always get pwned no matter how good you are. You can literally get destroyed in <5 minutes on C&C Generals by anybody, it's so unbalanced you can't win as anybody.

I like C&C. Though it is unbalanced, well the new ones are, in red alert 2 it's balanced, but in generals it's not. But no way will u get destroyed in under 5 min if u can play. And no, u don't get pwned if u are good enough.

been ages since i attended a LAN party...

was back in school the last time I did...
must get one organised...

Back
Top Bottom