LAN Party :D

foothead

Omnicide now.
Hello there, a few friends of mine decided we would have a LAN party, so I volunteered to host it. I have never been to a LAN party before, so I may need a little help with this. I'm wondering what types of games we should play(we are all dedicated linux users, so linux would be best for the games) and what types of supplies I need. I know I will need LOTS of power, a good ethernet switch, coffee, tables, etc., a projector for displaying stats, and snacks (i bought lots of caffeine cookies). So, what ese do I really need to buy, and what sort of games and activities should we do? thanks.

BTW there are going to be 5 of us.

Don't daisy chain surge protectors, you should be able to run everything on 2 circuits (you know what that is, right?). Also, I'd suggest keeping food away from computers. Have people take breaks to eat.

Don't daisy chain surge protectors, you should be able to run everything on 2 circuits (you know what that is, right?). Also, I'd suggest keeping food away from computers. Have people take breaks to eat.

OK. Yeah, for some reason, I have 3 circuits....Everyone is bringing their own computers, so I will let them make their own choices on whether or not to eat while playing.

Racing games like GRID or NFS series are pretty fun too.

Back
Top Bottom