LAN Networking

Thorax_the_Impaler

Minecraft Veteran
Hello everybody!

My girlfriend and I used to enjoy playing minecraft together through the "Open to LAN" option in game. However we lost our Internet and her sister stole our router. At any rate, I have an older router, and my goal was to have a LAN "server" going on with the router as a backbone. But there are connection issues I'm a little annoyed with. When she hosts the world, it shows up on my end, but I cannot connect to it. When I host the world, she cannot see it at all on her end. So is there some setting in the router I'm supposed to tweak for this to work? The router is a Belkin MIMO wireless G router if that at all helps. Thanks for all answers on advance!

What error does it give, if any? Is it immediate or does it time out?

Are firewall ports open on both desktops and the router? Allow Java through the firewall (All Java instances because I don't know which one's which if there's more than one :tongue:)

Are firewall ports open on both desktops and the router? Allow Java through the firewall (All Java instances because I don't know which one's which if there's more than one :tongue:)

Should be if that allows the connection as we played together numerous times with the other router we used to have. Default settings for the most part. My theory is that this router needs to be configured with an Internet connection before it'll work. Not a stretch considering how old this thing is. :/

Thanks, I gave that a go but I wasn't able to actually use the server because my minecraft is not the most current version. Anyhow thanks for the help everyone.

Give Bukkit a try. I'm sure there are version repositories somewhere

Back
Top Bottom