laggy bf2

Status
Not open for further replies.

harry18

Daemon Poster
so anyways, i felt like a bit of bf2 today, so i fierd it up, and it was really loggy, i tried it on a diff server and same prob, its confusing cos it never used to be laggy, it seems to have just strated since installing my 6800gt, rest of specs are, 3.4 p4, 1gb ram.

any ideas?

It seems when I first get into servers, like first few minutes, it lags like a mofo and then it settles down and its all good.

I have a x800gto 16 pipes at 425/1050 with 1gb pc3200 ram in dual channel and a p4 at 3.06ghz with all settings at medium 2x AA and 1024x768 at 75hz and I get about 40-60 fps average.

try shutting down any programs like limewire, bittorent, steam etc.. those double and triple my ping, making games unplayable

yea, i dont have anybackground programmes, its ok for a bit, then it will slow right down to about 1fps, and i have no controll, and il just end up in a tree or something.

the cards not OCed and the temps are fine, like 50' i think.

i dunno what settings its on tho, i didnt know you could change them i thought it adjusted them autmaticly, ill update the drivers tho

well i just downloaded the drivers, and it said the ones im trying to install are older than wahts on there, so i guess my drivers are all up to date, i clicked nvidea drivers on the bf2 menu when i started to play it again?

^^^ Ummm.... he is using an NVIDIA card, not an ATI card.... Catalyst drivers will only complicate is problems more... lol

DID you installed the video drivers that come on the CD or DVD(depends on your version of the game). BF2 has some drivers for NVIDIA cards. Good Luck!!

ok, i updated the drivers now, and itss all good, 4xAA, and most settings on high, and at 1024x768@70hz.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom