lagging problem

JTT90

Solid State Member
computer specs..
P4HT 3.2ghz,
9800pro vid card
1.5gb ram..

this set up ran great on WinXp with counter strike source and CS 1.6 and BF2..
I upgraded to windows 7 and everything so far runs great but for i get lag in the games and when watching videos it just don't look right.. i have the newest video drivers.. with the ATi tool software i barley get 70fps.. is this a video card problem or still a driver problem??

and yes i know the computer is old but does fine for me and like to get it running like it did when it had winXP

you do know that win 7 recommends 2 gb of ram right?

well my win7 box here says it recommends 1gb.. and i also have another computer with the same ram but with better video card and its doing just fine with win7

You need more RAM. By nature, Windows 7 will use more RAM than XP. What you can do to help is go to services and disable Superfetch. I noticed that even with 4GB RAM, BF2 still stutters with Superfetch on in Windows 7.

well if this is a ram problem, then why does my other computer whitch has the same specs but it has a nvidia 6800gt video card and man that computer runs just fine with no problems..

i mean even on a dvd the video just dont look right a stutters, so i really cant see it being a ram problem at this point

um well its wrong 1 gb is recommended by xp, look it up and if you have aero and them gadgets running it is killing it go ahead check out the task mgr you will see. What are you performance scores?

you said you had a lag issue

i mean this should at least run cs 1.6 without lagging

um well its wrong 1 gb is recommended by xp, look it up and if you have aero and them gadgets running it is killing it go ahead check out the task mgr you will see. What are you performance scores?

my sheet here shows, and well my system is 32bit so i dont really see a problem

he minimum hardware recommendations for Windows 7 are:

* 1 GHz 32-bit or 64-bit processor
* 1 GB of RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB of system memory (64-bit)
* 16 GB of available disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB of avaiable disk space (64-bit)
* DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher drive

where would i find these performance scores

and to ad, windows xp pro requirements for ram is 128mb not 1gb :)

lmfao that sheet is a joke

try running windows 7 on that it will eat it for lunch

Just to point out i would def get another video card and those a min requirements to run windows 7 but i wouldnt do it. Its just too much off a system hog to even run it on that.

sry for the third post just seen the end of that

go to control pannel -->Performance Information and Tools

lmfao that sheet is a joke

try running windows 7 on that it will eat it for lunch

Just to point out i would def get another video card and those a min requirements to run windows 7 but i wouldnt do it. Its just too much off a system hog to even run it on that.

sry for the third post just seen the end of that

go to control pannel -->Performance Information and Tools

i use to run win7 on this computer when it only had 512mb LOL and it still did fine

Back
Top Bottom