LAG after new build

AMD-GURU

Solid State Member
NEED HELP,
I just built a tower, and there is lag coming from somewhere and there should not be.
This is a list of my hardware,
Asus M5A78L-M LX, Mother board
a AMD Anthlon x4 2.9ghz cpu
8gb of 1333 ram DDR3
1gb integrated video
250w PSU

I am pretty sure it is in the video,when i am online the browser lags from screen to screen and when playing flash videos, and I have a 50mb per second internet connection so i ruled that out.

Hey,

There are two things i would check no. 1 would be making sure you have all of your drivers installed and with the latest ones. I would check the Asus web site for their latest graphics drivers. (and any others you can find).

Also i would be slightly concerned about your PSU only being 250W. I mean if you have on board graphics and no other expansion cards you should be ok but that is very low.

All of the device drivers are installed and everything is up to date, I found that my "USB WIFI ADAPTER" is older and I think that is where the system is choking but also I am going to replace the PSU with a larger one, I have never used such a small PSU before but was desperate to see if it would run with it, but thanks again for the advice.

Back
Top Bottom