Lack Of RAM?

Siver

Baseband Member
I'm using a M-Audio Delta 44 torecord my beats from my MPC 2500 into Nuendo 3. The problem is that I get these pop and click noises, even when the buffer size is set to the max. Could this have something to do with not having enough RAM? As of now I am running a Pentium 4 1.6 GHz with 768 MB of RAM. When recording, my CPU usage can get up to 21%. Does that seem high? Would getting some more RAM solve this?

dont think the ram will sort things. Pop and click noises are possibly some sort of interference from something else.

Siver said:
I'm using a M-Audio Delta 44 torecord my beats from my MPC 2500 into Nuendo 3. The problem is that I get these pop and click noises, even when the buffer size is set to the max. Could this have something to do with not having enough RAM? As of now I am running a Pentium 4 1.6 GHz with 768 MB of RAM. When recording, my CPU usage can get up to 21%. Does that seem high? Would getting some more RAM solve this?

I also do some recording with a simmilar card (Delta 2496). I have found that clicks and pop's are generally the soundcard and something like a network card using the same IRQ. Your computer should displays the IRQ's while booting. Usually disabling a few extra devices helps solve this problem (Serial ports, onboard audio, paralell ports)

Man I don't want to jinks myself but i think disabling my internet might have solved this. i have a network card for my internet and i shut that off when recording and didn't hear any noise at all!!! i just hope that is the problem and that as long as i shut that off, i won't get any crackling

Have you tried Chris' suggestion? You don't have to disable your internet to stop the noises.

Control Panel -> Performance and Maintenance -> System -> Hardware tab -> Device Manager -> Expand System Devices

Disabling the system speaker should stop the noises. If your system doesn't have one, try disabling a device you're not using.

shutting my internet or network coard off seems to do the trick...thanks dj chris

Back
Top Bottom