Lacie USB Drive No Longer Detected

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCisco

Beta member
I have an external USB drive (LACIE 60GB Designed by FA Porche), that was working fine up until last week. Now when I connect the USB cable to my laptop, nothing happens on the laptop side of things (no usb device detected at all). There is power to the drive however, as the light on the front of the drive comes on and resorts to flashing red and orange.

I have tried a new USB cable, and also tried it on other PCs, but no joy. I can hear the drive trying to do something whilst it's plugged in, but doesn't get anywhere.

Does anyone know if there is still a chance of accessing the data without having to go to a data recovery service? Is there something simple that might set it back in action? Can the actual drives in these things be taken out and housed in another adapter to be recognised?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks..

If that drive is making a clicking noise and not being recognized, the drive has probably failed. I presume, from what you said, that the dirve is not recognized in other systems as well? Generally, it is not the external case. If you have an another Hard drive lying around, regarless of size, put it in the ext. caddy and see if that drive is recognized. If not...it's the caddy...if it is...it's you HD.

The case is one of those FA Porsche things, that dont look like opening up. Anyone had any experience getting into these, or know how to test other drives with the caddy? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom