Labor Day, may you sleep and ignore your clock and parents for once!

Status
Not open for further replies.

-RockMan-

Banned
Well it's labor day weekend, also I can officially say this is my first time again having one, with sound of mind I have something decent, without any problems what-so-ever.

Those of you that have gone back into the workforce temporarily or permanently, please enjoy your day off if you can have it.
Those that are volunteers of any kind at a job related site anywhere I hope you have time to enjoy this.

People that are still looking for work, do not give up, and keep putting your butt in the job hunting waiting area.
Nothing comes easy with finding a job or keeping one that is nut-so for long, I should know that first hand! :(

Anyway, please enjoy thisd and have a good laugh and post up some job related updates issues, or the typical boss screamin over the phone for their coffee mug at 8am.

Labor Relations Jokes at WorkJoke.com - Profession Jokes

The boss came early in the morning one day and found an employee kissing his secretary. He shouted at him, "Is this what I pay you for?"
The employee replied: "No, sir, this I do free of charge."

Length of lunch breaks is directly proportional to the size of pay packets.

Do cemetery workers prefer the graveyard shift?

"I have to have a raise," the man said to his boss. "There are three other companies after me."
"Is that so?" asked the manager. "What other companies are after you?"
"The electric company, the telephone company, and the gas company."

After any salary raise, you will have less money at the end of the month than you did before.

I have Monday off, but had to work yesterday and getting ready to head out to work right now. If the rain hasn't got here by Monday morning I will be trying to mow my yard; if it has then I will be stuck with a jungle by the end of the week.

Everyone have a good one.

It is really windy even though I was right about the storm stalling in east Texas. Still gotta go out in it though and take care of a few things.

I have tomorrow off (paid). I've been pretty fortunate over the last 40 years in that I've had a paid day off on Labor Day for 38 of them. In 1971 I had a part-time job at a gas station with no paid holidays and in 2002 I was laid off in July and didn't find another job until May of the following year.

My favorite boss joke is a Dilbert strip from a few years back. The pointy haired boss asks Dilbert how to do a reboot of his laptop as he can't remember how it's done. Dilbert takes the laptop, holds it upside down, shakes it and hands it back to him.

Scratch mowing my yard as the rain started moving in today. I do have three computers that I need to check out so I may try to get them tomorrow (a desktop and two lappys).

Our next national holiday is Thanksgiving (18 November this year), followed by Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom