Korn - The Paradigm Shift

Hutzit

In Runtime
How about that new Korn folks? Hate mail welcome. I didn't warm up to it until the second go around, now I'm in love. I got the whole thing, not just the singles. Is it possible to have six songs stuck in your head at once?? Yes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't even know they had a new album out lol.

Their last album (the dubstep mixture) was interesting.. a few songs were alright but I kinda got tired of it after a while as I'm not really a dubstep fan. Does this one sound like old Korn, or do they still have their new style going on?

They have a mechanical support but the dubstep is gone. Some parts have the power chord tube growl sound you hear in dubstep but its minimal. (Breakdowns and stuff) but this album is led by guitars, as head is back throwing his stank in it. If youve heard munky and heads solo stuff you can hear the influence from both directions. Fieldy and ray keep the backbone steady wobble like they have been. Just a great album all around. Sooo heavy dude, evil deep and active, pumped up constantly. You can really hear a taste if all their albums in this one, the way the guitars play on each other like in follow the leader. Lots of growls and screams from jon. They single fieldy out a lot too. Really happy with it. Kinda put me off at first but I'm totally digging it now.

I'll have to give it a listen then.

Been listening to Dope and All That Remains lately, so maybe I'll have to switch it up.

Just started on All That Remains again recently myself :grin: that and Killswitch Engage/Soilwork

Ditto on the last album from Korn; liked a couple songs but even then they got old pretty fast. Paradigm shift will be my soundtrack on the way home today methinks

Might have to check this out. However the last few albums have only been one hit wonders for me.

Korn III went by quick for some reason? Guess it was a jam session album for ray (the new drummer).The dubstep album was jons experiment, I'm not into dubstep but I still love that album. The paradigm shift has a crazy cool vibe to it, I've listened to it a good 10 times front to back so far. The guitars are awesome.

Still have that slappy bass guitar sound.

Oh they gotta ;) ... a lot of it is pretty smooth tho... if you look at their revolver cover this month thwy have thia retro pic where they're all smiling and looking at the "owl" in the corner. You can totally see where they are coming from when you hear the album lol

There's this pedal called a whammy they've been using for a long time. Its my favorite pedal to use on my personal rig. There's an octave setting on it that makes a single note sound like a power chord. They use it a lot with the pedal in this album, takes that heavy power chord and turns it to a high pitched power chord, makes a wow wow wow wow sound. It is capital sweetness they use it so much.

Back
Top Bottom