Kindle Fire HD/ Movie Folder

At the end of the Option 1's thread, somebody is having similar issues as you (not prompting to plug in the device). Starting at post #84 (and even just a few weeks ago...so it's fairly recent): How to root kindle fire any version (including 8.4.6) - Page 9 - xda-developers

They apparently ended up using this guide (and they're on 8.4.8), and got it to work: [ROOT][HOW TO] Root the Kindle Fire HD and 2 with Windows - Noob (Simple) Version - xda-developers

Which was option 2... guess you shoulda just stuck with your first choice from a few posts above and went with Option 2 to try and root :lol:. Sorry... my bad about that.

Hi carnageX.

Hey, you're right; Option #2 was my first choice originally, wasn't it? :lol:

Well, I diligently followed Option 2's instructions, but still no luck.

I mean, I'm adding the code that's listed.....I'm running Command Prompts in Administrator Mode.....I'm checking Hidden Devices in Device Manager.....I get all the way to a part where you run a program known as "KFFirstAide"; this is the part where you actually root the Kindle.

In this KFFirstAide program, the instructions say: "Select Option 15 to Root the Kindle. If Option 15 fails to Root the Kindle, use Option 16." Selecting Option 15, and going by what I see on my computer monitor, it appears to have worked, but......nothing is happening on my Kindle which is plugged into my computer via a USB cable.

So, as per instructions, I try Option 16........I think there might be success!!.....on the Kindle's screen are some words in an almost cartoon-ish font; it has a little downwards pointing arrowhead and the words "fastboot mode".......but it just stays there.....and stays there......and stays there.....; we're talking 5 minutes or more.

I try tapping the Kindle's screen for a reaction; nothing. I try swiping, top to bottom, side to side; nothing. I try pressing the power switch; NOTHING!!!

Crap.....for a moment I think I've bricked it.

I disconnect the USB cable and then pressing down longer on the power button; it finally powers off.

But I'm dreading when I press it again to power it back up that nothing will happen.

But it does power back up and everything is OK.

But I cannot for the life of me get this thing rooted.

Do you think I should join the thread and post over at the XDA Developers forum?
Pez

Back
Top Bottom