Kinda dissipointing FPS

I am not even goint to try spelling it, I don't think yours is right either but I'll use it because it's closer than I would get. :D

But antiscopic filtering doesn't matter so much, aa has a much higher effect on the fps. I pretty much run all my games with af on the highest settings.

in the console on cs:s type net_graph 3

then type fps_max 500.0

see if that makes a difference

CompMan said:
in the console on cs:s type net_graph 3

then type fps_max 500.0

see if that makes a difference

Ya I did all that- changed all my rates around etc........the card seems kinda loud as well. Its the loudest thing on my computer!

i put a fan by the card and it seemed to really make it work a lot better. Should I get a case fan pointning directly on the card??? I just used a floor fan to see if it helped it out. On a video test my card ran at 91 FPS( using the cs video test) without the fan on. I turned on the fan and ran it again and I got over 100 fps. Do you think something may be up with card? I cant return it now because ive had it for over a month and I bought it from tigerdirect.

hmm... fishy... there may be a problem with the heatsink, but theres really no way to tell unless it obviously spontaniously combusts, but the only danger of putting other fans near it is they can actually make it over heat more by deflecting the factory heatsink airflow depending on how it flows it obviously differs from card to card, you could look at an aftermarket heatsink, or have them check to see if the factory fan is working right, i know that nvidia is known for they're fan problems mine have gone bad within a month, just a few ideas to throw around

abland007 said:
Yea V- sync is off.

My buddy has a slower processor than me and a 7800 video card insteed of my 7950. And he still gets better fps than me. WTF? Also-does increasing your ram effect the proformance on my video card.

My video card is also very hot to the touch when playing a game-

Yes More RAM will help pretty much everything :)

EDIT: i just read you had 1GIG, and that is plenty but Vista is going to be demanding and it may be a worthwhile upgrade

have you been monitoring the temps of your system??!?!!

use everest and get back to us man

Its really weird with my fan on the vid card. It runs pretty quite, but right when I start up a game it gets really loud. My temp monitor reads 59 degress and doesn't really change even under load. This is the weird part......when I turn my computer to sleep mode, my vid card fan really starts to get load and spin really fast. It stops being so loud once I get it out of sleep mode\?

you could try to mess around with the fan speed manually.
I have set my vid card fan so that it's running really slow if temp is under 45C, then I have medium and fast mode pretty close together around 65C and 100% after the temp goes over 71C.

So it's quiet when it's not doing anything, but then if I start gaming it will provide good cooling.

I found this program from the manufacturers website, so go and see if you can find one for your card.

abland007 said:
Its really weird with my fan on the vid card. It runs pretty quite, but right when I start up a game it gets really loud. My temp monitor reads 59 degress and doesn't really change even under load. This is the weird part......when I turn my computer to sleep mode, my vid card fan really starts to get load and spin really fast. It stops being so loud once I get it out of sleep mode\?

if thats the case, there is definately something wrong, i say return and get another... but thats just me, in my mind if you pay for it it should work perfectly

Back
Top Bottom