Kids these days....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Texting is even worse. And I am not talking about just driving, even though some people do that while they drive. You don't see stuff around you when you are looking at your phone screen which this girl in the OP does every single minute of her life.
People like this girl though don't NEED to look at the screen to text. It's like second nature to them. I'm with you though...what a waste of the short time we have here. It's spawned a whole generation of people that are completely disconnected from reality.

Obviously Rican has a valid point too in that not everyone is like that. There are certain times where texting is much more practical than talking, but that isn't every other minute in a day...IMO

Texting can be practical, however many people are literally getting addicted to it.......and it is an unhealthy addiction.

The girls father may joke about it.....but I can guarantee she is an absolutely boring person to be around in real life. Can you even have a conversation with this person face to face? She texts people sitting right next to her for gods sake. Maybe she forgot how to talk?

What some people dont realize is in certain situations texting is much better and easier than making a phone call and not everybody have the ability to use AIM at their leisure. For instance i cant be on the phone or have a laptop/pda with AIM on it while im at work. For 1 i work at a gas station and for 2 if my main mgr is there she gets on to me for even texting. Even though i have a blackberry and can use AIM its just easier to text instead of switching applications all the time. Also, AIM on most regular phones (Mobile IM) uses texts to send and recieve messages so you might as well text since its the same anyways.

Also, just because somebody texts dosent mean they are socialy boring or have no idea whats going on around them, or even have a boring life. This ill have to say please grow up and be a little more open minded. Texting is no diferent than me and you sitting on these forums or talking on AIM. Its just a different form of communication that ALOT of people in the world seem to enjoy. And have you met this girl? Or me? No. So how can you possibly say that you can guarantee her, or even me are absolutely boring to be around? You cant. So yet again, please be a little more open minded and a little less opinionated. We can tell texting is not your cup of tea, but you dont have to bash people who text and make flase claims based on your opinion of it.

I can count on my hand how many text messages I have sent on my phone, it's like 2 or 3.

In a 31 day month that is an average of 20 texts an hour if they texted 20 times every hour including school and sleeping hours.

ahh kids like this bug me they only text for the point to be texting i text people if i have something to say not like hehe lets text message. the most ive ever gone thru was 2000 in a month and it was because my gf whent away with her rents for a month i lent her my phone and i was messaging it from msn.

What some people dont realize is in certain situations texting is much better and easier than making a phone call and not everybody have the ability to use AIM at their leisure. For instance i cant be on the phone or have a laptop/pda with AIM on it while im at work. For 1 i work at a gas station and for 2 if my main mgr is there she gets on to me for even texting. Even though i have a blackberry and can use AIM its just easier to text instead of switching applications all the time. Also, AIM on most regular phones (Mobile IM) uses texts to send and recieve messages so you might as well text since its the same anyways.

Also, just because somebody texts dosent mean they are socialy boring or have no idea whats going on around them, or even have a boring life. This ill have to say please grow up and be a little more open minded. Texting is no diferent than me and you sitting on these forums or talking on AIM. Its just a different form of communication that ALOT of people in the world seem to enjoy. And have you met this girl? Or me? No. So how can you possibly say that you can guarantee her, or even me are absolutely boring to be around? You cant. So yet again, please be a little more open minded and a little less opinionated. We can tell texting is not your cup of tea, but you dont have to bash people who text and make flase claims based on your opinion of it.

I CAN GUARANTEE THAT SHE IS BORING!!

She is literally text messaging every minute of her waking hours of every day. She texts people sitting right next to her.

BORING. She is playing with her phone instead of interacting with people in real life. You cannot argue that she is missing what is going on around her.

Again, moderation.

Can I say it again? Texting is ok.....but not every single minute.

ahh kids like this bug me they only text for the point to be texting i text people if i have something to say not like hehe lets text message. the most ive ever gone thru was 2000 in a month and it was because my gf whent away with her rents for a month i lent her my phone and i was messaging it from msn.

Thank you Poizen.

Texting just to be texting. That is the point. It is annoying as ****.

"Wanna hang out tonight?"

"Dinner at 7?"

"Call me later"

etc. etc.......these are perfectly fine text messages. They serve a purpose for saving time for getting a quick answer when convenient.

OMG! 14,528 MESSAGES IN A MONTH!

Don't know why we are all bashing on the girl.

Its not like we have to punish her for texting.

Besides the real punishment will come when she gets arthritis at the age of 25.

If you have not met her in person literaly you cannot sit here and argue a point that you have no clue whether is true or not. End of story.

I text alot, im not boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom