Kid arrested for opening Xmas present early

Status
Not open for further replies.
FireFox said:
It's a shame that "parents" don't know how to discipline their kids nowadays.

Yeah, but they can make it all better just by blaming it on a completely made-up disease called "ADD" or if the kids REALLY bad they call it "ADHD" ... what a joke.

The General said:
Yeah, but they can make it all better just by blaming it on a completely made-up disease called "ADD" or if the kids REALLY bad they call it "ADHD" ... what a joke.

God forbid you say the "paddle" word -- that's child abuse! :rolleyes:

I use to get the paddle all the time as a child. Can't really say I didn't deserve it either. :p My parents wouldn't swing it that hard...it was all just psychological. I'd be crying too hard to really feel the pain. :p Not to mention that it wasn't just the fact that it hurt, but I would cry because I was ashamed to "get the paddle".

Growing up, we had two paddles in the house. One for the dog and one for us kids. :D

WorldIndustries said:
True though. There's no such thing as a kid just being dumb anymore. There's always an excuse.

It's not the kids fault! It's all because of the environment he grew up in, I swear! :rolleyes:

I can't believe the police actually arrested the kid through proper procedures, they're gonna have to file a report on that crap and it'll end up costing quite a bit of money. Cops aren't babysitters, although in this case it seems this division either has a big sense of humour or is incredibly moronic; or perhaps they simply have nothing better to do with their time

It undermines the integrity and real purpose of law enforcement though, opening a christmas present early at 12 years old is not a crime, the kid is just acting like any other kid would without proper disciplinary action.

Personally if this happened here I'd petition to have the mother arrested for some sort of negligence and defrauding the judicial system. I sure as heck wouldn't want the cops working as cops anymore either if this is what they spend their time on

so arresting the kid is totally allright. but paddling or just hitting him with a ruler is child abuse?? i used to get hit with rulers when i did something wrong, and look how i turned out, pretty good.

jseber1982 said:
I am a parent and i think its cool that she did it, teach the little ******* a lesson

I have three kids myself. I think she took a bad approach. Wanna teach him a lesson? Take the freaking gameboy and give it to some kid that is part of a family that can't afford squat for presents. He'll learn humility as well as respect for rules. If he doesn't learn, do it every time. I agree with the earlier sentiments that they have to come up with an excuse for why the kid misbehaves. It's crap. They aren't disciplined at home and God knows they aren't at school. My kids are far from perfect, but they understand they have to follow rules and personal responsibility is HUGE at my house.

That microwave thing is just disgusting. I live like 20 miles south of Dayton where the woman killed the baby. There are crazy people everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom