Keyboard issue...can anyone help?

Haligo

Beta member
I have a refurbished keyboard Microsoft Ergo 4000 (I know, I know I should have just bought it new lol and lesson learned).

Anyways, I really like it and want to keep it, but whenever I press the z key it opens up file at the top of the page and then I have to click my mouse back on the page to be able to type anything further. When I hit the x key, this causes something else to pop up.

Basically when they refurbished it they must have set the keys wrong. Is there any way for me to reprogram the keys myself so they don't do this anymore? Something that doesn't involve buying expensive software or something that someone with no programming knowlege could figure out how to do?

Any help would be VERY greatly appreciated! :)

If a different keyboard works on your system then it must be a problem with the keyboard. You bought it refurbished, is there any kind of warranty?

No, unfortunately not. My fault on not sending the keyboard back in the appropriate time frame.

I just found a software program that has allowed me to remap my keyboard keys. This actually worked as I just tested it! Now, I just have to retrain my fingers to go to different keys now. Since it was only really the z that was giving me the most grief, I will really only remap that particular one.

Thanks for your help though Russel, I do appreicate it :).

Excellent. I really like the keyboard myself, glad you found a work around!

Back
Top Bottom