Keyboad and Mouse No Longer Work

damon66

Solid State Member
Earlier my computer would have these random popups whenever i went on the internet, so i ran malwarebytes and got rid of several infections. It said not all could be removed, and that the computer had to be restarted to finish. I restarted, only to find that my wireless USB keyboard and mouse no longer work. One thing i noticed is that down in the tray a bubble popped up saying that it was installing new device software, and that something was wrong and some things might not work properly. Then i restarted my computer and it took me to a blue screen that said that the volume was dirty. After that my mouse and keyboard still dont work, but my keyboard DOES work before my computer starts up all the way, like i was able to enter safe mode and i could check out my computers specs by pressing F1 or whatever it is. When i went there and looked at the log i noticed it said "keyboard error." Does anyone know how in the world to fix this? I have a Dell Dimension 4600 2.66ghz ram 700+ mb ram and i run windows XP if that helps.

Earlier my computer would have these random popups whenever i went on the internet, so i ran malwarebytes and got rid of several infections. It said not all could be removed, and that the computer had to be restarted to finish. I restarted, only to find that my wireless USB keyboard and mouse no longer work. One thing i noticed is that down in the tray a bubble popped up saying that it was installing new device software, and that something was wrong and some things might not work properly. Then i restarted my computer and it took me to a blue screen that said that the volume was dirty. After that my mouse and keyboard still dont work, but my keyboard DOES work before my computer starts up all the way, like i was able to enter safe mode and i could check out my computers specs by pressing F1 or whatever it is. When i went there and looked at the log i noticed it said "keyboard error." Does anyone know how in the world to fix this? I have a Dell Dimension 4600 2.66ghz ram 700+ mb ram and i run windows XP if that helps.

EDIT - Uh oh, i think i found the problem. I wanted to fix my cd drive because it wasnt working, so i went into the Hkeylocal machine registry thing and i deleted upper and lower filters for the drive, and stupidly, for like 6 other things. I think that may have been what caused this. How do i fix this???

start-all programs-accessories-system tools- system restore, then pick a date that has a restore point back far enough when everything was working properly.

start-all programs-accessories-system tools- system restore, then pick a date that has a restore point back far enough when everything was working properly.

"Keyboard and Mouse No Longer Work" AT ALL

yup just tried a REALLY old mouse and keyboard set (the kind with the purple and green plugins) and yet again, it wont work as soon as it goes to the desktop. i can look at all the specs and stuff and i can go to multiple places using the F keys before the computer boots, but then as soon as it goes to the "Welcome" screen, and it goes to the desktop, neither the mouse or keyboard work. i really need to use my own computer so any suggestions are greatly apreciated.

this is pissing me off so much im going to punch a hole through my monitor. ive tried every damn option in the bios, and i even opened up my computer and took out the cmos battery and reset that. still doesnt work.

I seriously need a fix for this doesnt anyone have any ideas?

if i made a dban boot disk would it reformat my computer? im noob at this

Back
Top Bottom