Kepp win 10 or go back to 7??

Runfox

In Runtime
Hello everyone, I guess I'm looking for your thought. I have upgraded to windows 10 successfully. After correcting one initial item it has been working fine up to now. Just lately it has locked my computer once or twice while playing a game, Tanks from WG. So I'm thinking its time to do clean install. I have created the media, and I could go back to windows 7 or do the clean install of windows 10.

I like windows 10 ok but really I don't see much difference over 7 except it makes me look harder for things I already knew where they were in 7. Win 10 has the little tiles on the home page for quick links but I don't really use them. I go straight to the web page anyway. And I still have win 7 on my wife's comp, she dose not like me to change much on her machine, as she gets used to it as is.

SO if you kept windows 10 , tell me why you like it better than 7, cause I'm pretty much on the fence and could go back to 7 just as well as reinstall 10.

I have Win10 on both of my systems at home. Haven't had any issues with it that weren't my own fault, and I've been running it since launch (as well as during the Tech Preview on a non-primary system).

I like windows 10 ok but really I don't see much difference over 7 except it makes me look harder for things I already knew where they were in 7.
They're in the same spot for the most part. Nothing has really moved...plus, you can still get to everything the super-simple way of pressing the Windows key (or Start button), and then just type what you want to open. I don't manually dig through menus / settings unless I really have to. 90% of everything (at least) I can get to through searching. The biggest difference is that Control Panel is slowly getting dissolved, and components are being moved to the Settings app. Eventually, Control Panel will go away completely.

Win 10 has the little tiles on the home page for quick links but I don't really use them. I go straight to the web page anyway.

Do you mean for the Edge browser? Not really just an 'Edge' or even an IE thing...Chrome and FireFox also put your most-recently-used sites on a 'splash page' when you start up the browser or open a new tab.

SO if you kept windows 10 , tell me why you like it better than 7, cause I'm pretty much on the fence and could go back to 7 just as well as reinstall 10.

Mainly under the hood tweaks, UI improvements (seriously, ribbon in the file explorer is amazing probably the best thing...just wish they had a tabbed file explorer baked into Windows without needing a 3rd party tool for it).

In the end it's really up to you if you want to continue with 10 or go back to 7. I'll be sticking with 10 for the foreseeable future however. And if 10 gives me some breaking issue...I'll just go back to Win8.

Back
Top Bottom