Kaspersky = Scareware

um... it might be true but this specific page is not news - it's client solicitation, imo.

View attachment 6621
Yes...it is an attorney's web page. I started getting email from Milberg since the fiasco with the HP laptops and the gpu failures around the '08 time period...there was a class action suit on that which was led by these guys. They send email reports on corporations that cheat consumers and stuff like that. Kinda like a Ralf Nader thing if your old enough to remember that too

ZD net on Symantec:
Summary: Anti-virus maker Symantec is charged in a lawsuit with misleading users into purchasing full versions of its software by peddling 'scareware' tactics.
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/btl/syman...e-tactics-to-sell-full-version-products/66812

I really can't find anything on the interweb pipes about Kaspersky's scare tactics except this article here
http://dottech.org/76555/is-kaspers...o-buy-kasperskys-mobile-security-for-android/

As far as I have always known, Kaspersky has been one of the consistent top dogs in the security game

Last edited:
I use AVG, and I get all the time false reports of System infections ECT: The worst of the Registry, in which it will come back with a scan result saying I need to upgrade my protection, and thus remove infections for example: PC Tune up Utility's.

With Good common sense surfing the Internet, application like AVG Free Edition and Ccleaner, keeping you system up to date it should stay pretty clean and Virus \ Malware free.

I've had that before on a New System, when I've installed my Software and it said their are registry errors..

Just Scare ware.

Seriously, FSecure Anti Virus gives you EVERY SINGLE thing of protection, when i typed this in google : best antivirus wikipedia . It gave me a list of the antivirus's and i searched for F-Secure Internet Security. That gives you every single protection thingy any antivirus couldn't do.
Seriously, AVG and Kaspersky really does suck in my opinion. I'd go for SUPERAntiSpyware or F-Secure. I use the SUPERAN with Professional Trial. i'll purchase a key soon.

Back
Top Bottom