Kaspersky Lab cybersecurity firm is hacked

ESET - Horrible resource usage. Appears to prevent most infections, but at the cost of system performance.

I take it that is just your personal opinion.

here is what wikipedia has on line about WebRoot:
AV-Comparatives gave nine vendors, including Webroot, its highest award in its July 2012 Anti-Phishing Test, in which Webroot took 9th place among 18 products tested for efficacy in blocking phishing websites.[24] In AV-Comparative's Performance Test for October 2012, Webroot had the best PCMark score, having the lightest impact out of 20 products tested on a Windows 7 64-bit machine.[25]

Webroot had the worst results out of 20 products tested by AV-Comparatives in the September 2012 File Detection Test of Malicious Software, both in terms of malware detection rates and false alarms.[26] Webroot detected less than 80 percent of viral samples, much worse than the 94.4 percent rate of the second lowest detecting product. Among clean files, Webroot inappropriately flagged 210 of them, raising as many false-positives as the other 19 products tested combined. According to AV-comparatives, the "results and misses have been confirmed with several tests and also by the vendor."[26]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Webroot

I'll keep in mind that 2012 was a very long time ago in the data business, and today WebRoot might be a very good A/V

Agreed, plus it was pretty lightweight in my opinion, so we used to preinstall it on all our refurbished low spec PCs that went out (or AVG, but then the version when they changed the UI to the tile style seemed to be slow)

Back
Top Bottom