Just wondering

Dustin_Broke1

In Runtime
I have found two older video cards and I was wondering overall which would be better. I would assume that AGP is alot better and faster transfer rate so I would think that the Intel740 video card is alot better even though the GPU is older than Radeon 7200. These are around 10 years old cards so please don't compair them to moderen cards.

Intel740 AGP 2X

ATI Radeon 7200 PCI

Stop making the same posts and questions! We have already told you, the slot speed in this case doesn't matter, because you don't actually have an AGP slot. Your integrated graphics are terrible. It's not a lot better than anything, it's just downright awful. The ATI card would be faster by far, especially seeing as it has it's own video ram. BUT, you're powersupply will most likely choke when you try to run it, because it's puny (assuming you haven't upgraded it). All in all, you're throwing money into the trashcan with this computer, and should just build another one because you would get way more for your money.

GAHHHHHHHHHHhhh. Stop making new threads on the same topic which we have already answered 295843598 times! GAHHHHH. Get a life!

I did research and found out that the Intel740 is the same as the Intel 810 that is onboard but the Intel740 is actualy an video card. So that's why I wanted to compair them both. I found this out on a website.

Here is an actualy card that is the same as my onboard AGP video adapter.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Intel-740-Graph...tem&pt=PCC_Video_TV_Cards&hash=item3a5c3471ad

Or is it the same that the Radeon 7200 PCI card is still better than that AGP card.

I know that if my Radeon 7200 was AGP then it would be better than the Intel AGP card but since mine is PCI that's why I thought the AGP is better.

Your computer is so old that it doesn't matter what's better. Stop throwing away your money and put it towards a better computer. Your dollar will go much further that way.

I did research and found out that the Intel740 is the same as the Intel 810 that is onboard but the Intel740 is actualy an video card. So that's why I wanted to compair them both. I found this out on a website.

Here is an actualy card that is the same as my onboard AGP video adapter.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Intel-740-Graph...tem&pt=PCC_Video_TV_Cards&hash=item3a5c3471ad

Or is it the same that the Radeon 7200 PCI card is still better than that AGP card.

I know that if my Radeon 7200 was AGP then it would be better than the Intel AGP card but since mine is PCI that's why I thought the AGP is better.

Did you even read what I typed? Are you reading anyones responses for that matter? You're practically putting your fingers in your ears and yelling when we respond. The 7200 will not max out a PCI bus, so it doesn't matter either way. AGP doesn't mean crap in this case, since you do not have an AGP bus, you don't have an AGP card, and you never will in this computer. The 7200 is better, period, stop making threads about it.

Btw my power supply is doing fine with the Radeon 7200 and I' am having no trouble with anything. It working the same way as it did without the card. I think when I will actualy need a new power supply is when I get a card like the Radeon 9250 or GeForce FX series or better. The Radeon 7200 was made the same time as this machine was so it should work and it is working like it's suppose to. Plus this card wasn't top of the line back then so it probley uses very low power.

Did you even read what I typed? Are you reading anyones responses for that matter? You're practically putting your fingers in your ears and yelling when we respond. The 7200 will not max out a PCI bus, so it doesn't matter either way. AGP doesn't mean crap in this case, since you do not have an AGP bus, you don't have an AGP card, and you never will in this computer. The 7200 is better, period, stop making threads about it.

He's probably trolling us.

He's probably trolling us.
Or is just chronically stupid. Seriously, this is getting on my nerves now.
Btw my power supply is doing fine with the Radeon 7200 and I' am having no trouble with anything. It working the same way as it did without the card. I think when I will actualy need a new power supply is when I get a card like the Radeon 9250 or GeForce FX series or better. The Radeon 7200 was made the same time as this machine was so it should work and it is working like it's suppose to. Plus this card wasn't top of the line back then so it probley uses very low power.

We have been through this. Foothead even spelled it out for you. Your PSU is only around 40 watts. That is way undershooting for that video card. Just because a Dell is made around the same time as a GTX260 is released does not mean it can use the video card without crapping out. You're playing with fire with that video card. It's most likely going to blow up in the near future, taking other components down with it.

Eather way how do you know that it will stop working forsure when it's working fine for a long time now? I have talked to alot of people and they said my power supply should work with this card. Also if the video card is forsure taking too much power then my PC won't even boot. Since it works and loads fine it should work fine. I even asked the ATI tech guys and showed them my power supply specs and they said it will work fine. But they said that if I wanted to use the Radeon 9250 then I will need a power supply at least 200 watts. But for the 7200 it will work fine they said. Are you saying the techs are lieing?? Also the other people who I talked to are lieing to me??

Back
Top Bottom