Just started...

Status
Not open for further replies.

R2D2

Baseband Member
I want to learn programming. Right now I'm reading Sam's Teach yourself Game programming. That is too hard for me. I stop on Hour 2. Does anyone know what book I should began first. Thx let me know.

Well for one thing. Before game programming, u need to learn "programming" :p.. Pick a language.. And get a beginners guide to it.. I recomment learning C.. Then C++.. Then Java.. You'll learn to see the significance of objects and inheritance and such a lot more if u start with C.. Then learn "game theory".. Once that is done, you probably don't even "need" a book about game programming... Chances are that book is not good that anyways.. For the topic I mean. There IS a lot of theory that will be never covered in an intro book as they are topics on their own.. Shading, AI, 3D graphics, etc. Unless its telling u how to "just" use libraries :-\... Which anyone can do really..

i agree with chankama!
you should study programming first for you to easily understand game programming and you can input it as well. :) ;) :p

cheers!

yes my ultimate goal is game programming. Ok I will, but where do I get the book, From Books a million or what. Let me know!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom