Just ordered my first...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiZcO

In Runtime
Just ordered my first 22 inch LCD monitor.. ive had 17-19 inch CRT monitors for the last 9 years.. and its gonna be crazy having a 22 inch LCD monitor where it will be bigger and il have more space on my desk... but does anyone knows if its different on the view of viewing it.. ive noticed on friends LCD they have more Desktop icons that are smaller... i have the same res but my vista icons seem to be huger i just didn't know if it was my monitor or not

that would be either the font dpi or computer manufacturer settings. they can easily be changed but a new monitor wont fix it.

No Vista Icons are just large. They are about double the size of the XP Icons.

The res is higher, but screen is larger so it evens out. IF you mess with dpi, then it changes. Easy way to tell is the size of the start bar.

Well the resolution will definately be higher on the 22" LCD. The default will most likely be 1685x1050 seems to be the common size for those monitors. So you wont notice the icons being big cause everything else will be small.

Is your friend's LCD 22"?

Naw, his is 20 inch, but his mom's was 22 inch... the icons seem smaller on his though, i guess sense its widescreen they seem smaller dunno lol. well im excited and cant wait for it to get here

to make the icons smaller just go to ur desktop and either hold control and scroll with the mouse to change the size or right click and go view, classic icons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom