Just joined.

Frundsberg

Beta member
Hi all, My main system is as follows Intel i7 6850k CPU, Asus Rampage v10 Mobo, 64 Gb DDR4 RAM and Samsung m.2 main drive and WD Black storage drive. nVidia GTX 1080 GPU. I would like to have a secondary machine built to do Bluray / DVD burning, would an Intel Xeon E5 2630L v4 be a suitable CPU ? I would also like to have at least 64 Gb DDR 4 RAM, Super Micro Dual Xeon CPU X10DAi (Intel C612) (E-ATX) - 2 x USB3.0/1 x USB 2.0 (Supports 2 CPUs) for the MOBO and again a Samsung m.2 main drive, also an nVidia Quadro m2000 GPU.

Thanks.
Ps I don't play games, so would never need a game specific machine.

Welcome aboard :D

If it's just disk burning, I don't think you need even a mid-range computer. So yes, the super duper computer you're referring to can do it once you put a burner on it.

Dunno, but something seems kinda fishy. Are those parts already available as left overs from somewhere or salvage?

To simply do Blu-ray burning then you don't need anywhere near that sort of spec. I recommend 6-8GB RAM to keep on the safe side these days with an i3 processor and an SSD to keep things snappy.

If you intend on doing video rendering etc, then the specs do indeed have to be increased.

What do you intend on doing with the PC? - Rendering? Editing? Manipulation? CAD?
To what intensity? - Several hours a day for work? Hobby? Once a week?
With what software?

Back
Top Bottom