just installed my 5970 card. resolution question

lewblue83

In Runtime
when i set my resolution to 1920x1080 for my 23" screen it has a 1/2" boarder around the entire screen , even in games. why wont it use the entire screen???

Perhaps the resolution is incorrect. What is the model of your LCD? Are you setting the resolution in both the game and Windows?

for now i just leave it at 1660x1050 or whatever, it seems to fill the screen up that way. its weird though, the box says "1920x1080" and even newegg says it

on a side note though, this freakin 5970 is EPIC. lol. im a console gamer converted to PC. and i cant believe how awesome the graphics are

What is your graphics card? And the model of the LCD? Connection used?

XFX HD5970 black edition. Hanns-G HH231 23" widescreen lcd.
connection is the DVI to HDMI plug that came with the hanns-g monitor, its a DVI female on one end, and HDMI male on the other

Question, did you install the latest drivers?

yes i just got the card from UPS today. Flashed the bios before i even installed the drivers for the first time. after the bios was all set. i installed the 10.3 driver pack from XFX support site.

games seem to be running fine. BFBC2 is great. crysis has some flickering goin on when you look at the clouds. dont know whats up with that. all in all im pretty happy with the card so far. even happier that it fit in my case! :eek: :eek: lol

the BEAST. lol.

001.jpg

lol :confused: why are YOU sad.

and i dont know much about frame rates. but i ran FRAPS and need to know if this is good for BFBC2

min 76, max 125,avg 94.6

yes thats good for that game.

an im sad because i wish i could buy new upgrades for my rig lol.

Back
Top Bottom