Just got a call from Mcafee

Hmmm...

perhaps, for A business...

having said that, small companies I've worked for before just don't want to spend that kind of money on a website,
it's not just $900, it's $900 for a new website,
$1200 for an established site,
every place I've ever worked for would rather spend $1200 on a new server for example than on some AV software for a single machine!

(we've still not discussed how this license per server is working, cause even the small company (that I worked for) actually ran 2 different sites, 1 for their business, 1 to advertise some software, that's $2,400). and I'm assuming that 1 site can contain many bindings, (for times when example.com and example.co.uk all point to the same site on the same server). else it can quickly add up

that's my experience with a small company,

now I'm woking for a much larger company, we're not a web hosting company, but we do host a lot of websites, perhaps 50 - 60 websites across 120 servers, (high traffic sites).
so now we're looking at $120,000 +

yes, we get a lot of money from those web servers, but they aren't even our main line of business!!

essentially, I just don't think that this is pocket change...

any business just starting up usually can't afford $900 for just one very small non essential part of a server setup, any business with an established site may think that one license is OK, but to me this still seems like a waste of money.

I personally don't like McAfee

Me neither. This is my opinion you may see it differently. I think McAfee is a really lame product. I work for one of the largest contractors to the Government. On my first day when I saw they used McAfee I was like WTF.
I have seen to many spyware and viruses get by

I just dont get how you have to renew Mcaffee. Don't you think buying it ONCE it one time too many? thats why I like NOD 32. Buy it once and only once.

I just dont get how you have to renew Mcaffee. Don't you think buying it ONCE it one time too many? thats why I like NOD 32. Buy it once and only once.

Well it's mainly because you aren't buying there software... You are buying a license to use the software.

lol well i just bought it, in all it's $89.99-ness a little over a year ago, i forgot i bought the 2-year version :p

btw, like my avatar? :p

Back
Top Bottom