Just curious, has anyone else ordered anything from this site?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lorem ipsum part tells you all you need to know. That indicates it's more than likely a hastily set up web template as that's standard "text goes here" sort of dummy text.
http://www.altecwebuk.com

I went there because the tablet I wanted was listed for a good cheap price, however so far I am SUPER SPAZZED OUT worried because of a few things... trying to get some peace of mind so I can sleep again.

First off, the name "altecwebuk" is a spin off of another site "altecweb.uk"

The emblem/symbol for the site has nothing to do with it's name.

The information lists Amazon's name/policy - not it's own.

The listing literally has "TX2500Z 12.1" Lightweight " the " I am sure is a misspelling of HTML code (or some other type)

Attempts to contact the Seller (PayPal provided me 'his' Email) has gotten no where, no replies.

When I hit "contact us" it lists things for shipping/etc, no longer in english, and seems to be copy/paste exactly the same:
""Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Morbi luctus. Duis lobortis. Nulla nec velit. Mauris pulvinar erat non massa. Suspendisse tortor turpis, porta nec, tempus vitae, iaculis semper, pede. Cras vel libero id lectus rhoncus porta. Suspendisse convallis felis ac enim. Vivamus tortor nisl, lobortis in, faucibus et, tempus at, dui. Nunc risus. Proin scelerisque augue. Nam ullamcorper. Phasellus id massa. Pellentesque nisl. Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus et malesuada fames ac turpis egestas. Nunc augue. Aenean sed justo non leo vehicula laoreet. Praesent ipsum libero, auctor ac, tempus nec, tempor nec, justo.""

Which.. seeing that right there.. SCARES THE **** OUT OF ME.

Plus the site keeps going down with errors.. and let's just say I am trusting it less and less as the days go on.

So... I wanted others to look into it (or if anyone has purchased from them... to help my feelings go away)

Does the site look Fraud to you? It does to me... in fact.. contacting PayPal now to get my money back.

The Tracking number belonged to another individual who lives in Lousiana, I had USPS confirm the order in my email - and a Travis signed for it, a little Googling and I contacted him directly. He ordered Football jersies from China, HIS order arrived and had the tracking number I was given.

The seller is 100% fruad. Paypal closed the case in my favor. However, the site is still active and no word on actual punishment for this individual, so he was forced to give a refund.. doesn't really STOP him for this - and what about all those that DON'T pay with paypal? How much money do you think this SOB has made off this fraud website?

Submit the URL to WOT and i'll see what I can do from my end if you want added evil :p

yes and the host in un-co-operative. they would rather keep making the small amount of money from this "merchant site" and they dont really care they hurt others.

even being shut down for a few days can impact that site enough to where thier Page Rank is hurt and they drop off the radar. e-comm sites drop quick from outages.

and providing that stuff I indicated above happens that will give enough time for thier site to get phased out......

if they think of making a new one from the fallout.... they will have to rebuild and it will be too late for them and they will give up.

this is why shutting the site down is important...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom