Just bought a new laptop...

dcjose201

Baseband Member
It is a dell inspiron 1420. Granted there are better laptops but for what I am going to use it for, it should suite my needs perfectly. Hopefully it is better than the hp dv1000 I had. Im not saying that hp is bad, but my experience wasn't good. Well here are the specs:

* Intel® Core™2 Duo mobile processor T5750 with 667MHz frontside bus, 2MB L2 cache and 2.0GHz processor speed
* 3GB DDR2 memory for multitasking power, expandable to 4GB
* Multiformat DVD±RW/CD-RW drive with double-layer support records up to 8.5GB of data or 4 hours of video using compatible media

* The next-generation Intel® Core™2 Duo processor is based on the innovative Intel® Core™ microarchitecture, so it runs faster and is more energy-efficient for cooler, quieter operation
* Glossy 14.1" XGA high-definition widescreen display with 1280 x 800 resolution
* 250GB Serial ATA hard drive (5400 rpm)
* Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator X3100 integrated graphics with up to 256MB graphics memory as allocated by Windows Vista; high-definition 2.0 audio; S-video output
* Top-side media buttons to easily play, pause, stop, fast-forward and rewind at the touch of a button
* Built-in 2.0-megapixel webcam to liven up Internet chat, instant messaging and blogs with color photos and video
* 8-in-1 digital media reader supports Secure Digital, Secure Digital High Density, Secure Digital High Capacity, MultiMediaCard, Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO, xD-Picture Card and SDIO formats
* IEEE 1394 (FireWire) interface and 4 high-speed USB 2.0 ports for fast digital video, audio and data transfer
* Built-in Dell 1395 wireless networking mini-card (802.11b/g); Dell's advanced antenna design features 3 antennas to find and connect to networks with ease, delivering enhanced wireless reception; standard Wi-Fi Catcher to quickly locate wireless hotspots
* Integrated 10/100 Ethernet network card; 56 Kbps modem
* Midnight blue design adds a unique look to the laptop case
* Weighs 5.4 lbs. and measures 1.3"–1.5" thin for easy portability; 6-cell lithium-ion battery
* Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium operating system with Service Pack 1 (SP1) preinstalled; software package included with Microsoft Works 9 and Roxio Creator Basic

So what do you guys think?

Well, I mean, if that suits your needs then its great, but its tough to say how good of a buy it was unless you give us a price tag.

I got it for $650. BTW I don't want to sound rude but why was my thread moved from the social lounge when i noticed that some other person posted a similar thread about them getting a laptop. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom